Here is a summary of payment options that will apply from 1 March 2020 when IR ceases accepting cheques:-
• myIR: You can pay by direct debit and make debit card and credit card payments
securely through myIR online services. Visit website (ird.govt.nz) and login
or register for myIR.
• Online banking: You may be able to make payments using online banking.
Contact your bank for more information.
• Credit or debit card via our website: Use your credit or debit card to make
online payments through the IR website. Visit ird.govt.nz/pay.
• In person at Westpac: Pay by EFTPOS or cash at a Westpac branch or Smart
• Money transfer: If you are overseas you can pay using a money transfer
service. Search for “make a payment” on the IR website for more information.
Charges may apply for some payment options.